Segway Warranty Issues will be handled direct from Segway, please fill out the form below if you're within the manufacturer's window.
Consumer’s Guarantee of Durability (January 2015) According to German law, the manufacturer is legally liable for a product’s material defects for up to 24 months. The manufacturer of the Segway e-bike, PANTHER International GmbH, guarantees replacement or repair of the e-bike when sold to the original buyer as noted below (guarantee begins the day of purchase):
• Bicycle frame: 5 year guarantee for proper straightness/track setting and from breaking/cracking of the tubing/joints
• Bicycle fork: 2 year guarantee from breaking/cracking of the tubing/ joints
• Bosch Drive System and Battery: 2 year guarantee for retail customers, 1 year guarantee for commercial customers. The lithium ion battery is subject to calendar aging. Therefore, the guarantee applies to defects of its electronics, connections between the cells, displays, plugs, and charger; unless the defect was caused by not following instructions or improper use.
• Shimano STePS Drive System and Battery: 2 year guarantee for all customers. The lithium ion battery is subject to calendar aging. Therefore, the guarantee applies to defects of its electronics, connections between the cells, displays, plugs, and charger; unless the defect was caused by not following instructions or improper use.
• Handlebar tube: 2 year guarantee from breaking/cracking of handlebar’s head tube
• Handlebar stem: 2 year guarantee from breaking/cracking of the handlebar stem
All claims to the consumer’s guarantee of durability must be imposed by a Segway Authorized Dealer and be submitted together with a Panther International claim form.
This guarantee is not transferable. If an e-bike’s components, which are sealed during manufacturing, have been opened or broken, damage claims may not be made.
Damage caused by improper use/misuse, commercial use, or accidents will not be covered. Examples of improper use/misuse include but are not limited to:
1. Intentional change/manipulation of the e-bike’s basic configuration (Bosch or Shimano components) intended to alter its performance limits, which are regulated by law (e.g. changing the transmission ratios, wheel sizes, sensors, motor circuits, battery, control computer, HMI, etc.)
2. Combining Bosch components with other non-certified components to change/disrupt the function/operation of the Bosch components
3. Reducing Bosch system components amongst other protective gears, sensors, control circuits to change polarities, and to read out/emulate bus signaling
4. Using the e-bike outside of its predetermined operating parameters (e.g. overheating, strong mechanical shocks, immersing in water, etc.) 5. Improperly transporting the e-bike (e.g. use of bike with battery and control computer on open vehicles at high wind and water pressure, salts, temperatures, etc.)
6. Making intentional or grossly negligent modifications of e-bike’s starting torques or other system components including the motor
7. Modifying or tuning measures, including manipulating software or riding in races
PANTHER International GmbH’s manufacturer’s warranty may be issued directly by the manufacturer’s service center or by the Segway Authorized Dealer who sold the Segway e-bike and its components.
This guarantee does not cover any part that is subject to wear and tear caused by operation or which needs to be replaced regularly (e.g. wheels, tubes, rim band, valves, spokes, chains, sprockets, brake disks, brake pads, handlebar grips, ropes, LED lights, bulbs, battery, saddle surface skin, mudguard, coat guard, and chain guard).
RECON POWER BIKES
Every bike is covered under our manufacturer’s one year warranty for the original owner against all manufacturing defects. The aluminum frame warranty is for life for the original owner against all manufacturing defects. Warranty parts will only be shipped within the continental United States. If you purchased a bike and had it then shipped to another country, parts will only be sent to the country in which the bike was originally sent. Recon Power Bikes warrants this product, including all individual components against defects in material or workmanship as follows:
Recon Power Bikes Limited 1-Year Warranty
Recon Power Bikes’ bicycle components including frame, forks, stem, handlebar, headset, seat post, saddle, brakes, lights, bottom bracket, crank set, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness, LCD display, kickstand, reflectors and hardware are warranted to be free from manufacturer defects in materials and/or workmanship for a 1 year period from the date of original purchase. Wear and tear is not covered under warranty. Recon Power Bikes’ lithium ion batteries are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a 1 year period from the date of original purchase. The battery warranty does not include damage from power surges, use of improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
What Will We Do to Correct Problems with Your Bike?
If a component is deemed to be defective or damaged without user error we will issue a replacement part. We will assist you in replacing any defective part. We will provide the owner a replacement product if the product cannot be repaired after a reasonable number of tries as determined by Recon Power Bikes.
What Will We Not Do?
Recon Power Bikes will not replace any part without first seeing photos or video of the damaged part. We will not offer warranty service to second owners. We will not replace any part damaged by the user. We will not pay for any third party service or part replacement unless agreed upon prior to the fix. We will not pay for return shipping on any damaged or defective product or component.
Recon Power Bikes will not cover any damage that may occur during shipping if the owner sets up their own shipping option or if the bike is shipped using a freight forwarder or similar service.
Terms of Warranty
This warranty only applies to the original owner of a Recon Power Bikes bicycle. This warranty is expressly limited to the replacement of defective parts at the sole discretion of Recon Power Bikes. This warranty does not cover any damage or defects resulting from failure to follow instructions in the owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, wear and tear, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the bicycle as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance. Only in extreme cases will an entire replacement bike be issued, in these cases the original bike may have to ship to the Recon Power Bikes facility for inspection/repairs before a new bike is sent out. If repairs can be made, a new bike will not always be sent. This warranty does not include consumables or normal wear and tear parts (tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain, spokes). Recon Power Bikes will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts. Shipping damage must be reported to Recon Power Bikes within a reasonable amount of time after shipment arrival. In no event shall Recon Power Bikes be responsible for any direct, indirect or consequential damages, including without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, or product liability in connection with their products.
All claims to this warranty must be made through Recon Power Bikes. Proof of purchase may be required with any warranty request. Before making a warranty claim, we suggest that you contact our Technical Support team at email@example.com as there may be a simple fix for your problem. Valid warranty claims will be processed through Recon Power Bikes within one year of initial purchase. Warranty claims may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.