Segway Warranty Issues will be handled direct from Segway, please call 888-523-5583.
Consumer’s Guarantee of Durability (January 2015) According to German law, the manufacturer is legally liable for a product’s material defects for up to 24 months. The manufacturer of the Segway e-bike, PANTHER International GmbH, guarantees replacement or repair of the e-bike when sold to the original buyer as noted below (guarantee begins the day of purchase):
• Bicycle frame: 5 year guarantee for proper straightness/track setting and from breaking/cracking of the tubing/joints
• Bicycle fork: 2 year guarantee from breaking/cracking of the tubing/ joints
• Bosch Drive System and Battery: 2 year guarantee for retail customers, 1 year guarantee for commercial customers. The lithium ion battery is subject to calendar aging. Therefore, the guarantee applies to defects of its electronics, connections between the cells, displays, plugs, and charger; unless the defect was caused by not following instructions or improper use.
• Shimano STePS Drive System and Battery: 2 year guarantee for all customers. The lithium ion battery is subject to calendar aging. Therefore, the guarantee applies to defects of its electronics, connections between the cells, displays, plugs, and charger; unless the defect was caused by not following instructions or improper use.
• Handlebar tube: 2 year guarantee from breaking/cracking of handlebar’s head tube
• Handlebar stem: 2 year guarantee from breaking/cracking of the handlebar stem
All claims to the consumer’s guarantee of durability must be imposed by a Segway Authorized Dealer and be submitted together with a Panther International claim form.
This guarantee is not transferable. If an e-bike’s components, which are sealed during manufacturing, have been opened or broken, damage claims may not be made.
Damage caused by improper use/misuse, commercial use, or accidents will not be covered. Examples of improper use/misuse include but are not limited to:
1. Intentional change/manipulation of the e-bike’s basic configuration (Bosch or Shimano components) intended to alter its performance limits, which are regulated by law (e.g. changing the transmission ratios, wheel sizes, sensors, motor circuits, battery, control computer, HMI, etc.)
2. Combining Bosch components with other non-certified components to change/disrupt the function/operation of the Bosch components
3. Reducing Bosch system components amongst other protective gears, sensors, control circuits to change polarities, and to read out/emulate bus signaling
4. Using the e-bike outside of its predetermined operating parameters (e.g. overheating, strong mechanical shocks, immersing in water, etc.) 5. Improperly transporting the e-bike (e.g. use of bike with battery and control computer on open vehicles at high wind and water pressure, salts, temperatures, etc.)
6. Making intentional or grossly negligent modifications of e-bike’s starting torques or other system components including the motor
7. Modifying or tuning measures, including manipulating software or riding in races
PANTHER International GmbH’s manufacturer’s warranty may be issued directly by the manufacturer’s service center or by the Segway Authorized Dealer who sold the Segway e-bike and its components.
This guarantee does not cover any part that is subject to wear and tear caused by operation or which needs to be replaced regularly (e.g. wheels, tubes, rim band, valves, spokes, chains, sprockets, brake disks, brake pads, handlebar grips, ropes, LED lights, bulbs, battery, saddle surface skin, mudguard, coat guard, and chain guard).